“I never thought I would file for bankruptcy.” I hear this from potential clients every day. No one makes bankruptcy their goal. I wouldn’t represent them if they did. My name is Michelle Kainen, and I help consumers in Vermont and New Hampshire get out of debt by filing for bankruptcy.
Clients often ask me how they will know when it is time to consider a bankruptcy. Here are some simple questions to ask yourself:
- Is the stress of your debts keeping you awake at night?
- Are you afraid to answer your phone because you know it is probably a debt collector?
- Are you cutting back on things such as food or prescriptions so that you can pay your debts?
- Are your children becoming really good at managing the calls from your debt collectors?
- Are you in danger of losing your car or house?
If the answer to any one of these questions is “yes”, then it is time to explore what bankruptcy can do for you.
Each year I travel to national bankruptcy programs to learn the latest techniques. I am a frequent speaker at programs for attorneys and other professionals in the area of consumer bankruptcy. Call me to schedule an appointment to determine whether bankruptcy might be the right choice for you. I look forward to meeting you!